Thursday 3 September 2009

Some Jolly Keys

Brace yourselves... I have actually been doing work in Maya this week!

In response to a request from 360red in Leicester, I modelled, animated and lit a short scene to demonstrate my 'realism' skills. It should serve as a nice little [pointless] animation as well as some potential VFX work. In the end I made some keys, and a cheesy tagline to go with it



Although it's all secondary, subtle animation, it has made me realise how much I've missed animating. Hopefully a new rig will be underway soon (I'll dedicate some time to sitting down and cracking on in Maya with the orthographics I already have drawn).

On another note, some other former Animation students from DMU and I may be starting a group project, maybe to enter for a film festival or whatever. We shall see about this one. Currently there aren't any stories in all our heads to pick apart and develop but it's early days with this idea. And as the story will take a good few months to get spot on, I'll have to get my animating fix elsewhere. Most likely when the new rig is finished, I will enter the 11 second club or something similar.

In short, this diddy key project has rekindled my love for animation. Not like it ever went away, but I haven't done any in so long.  Roll on more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment